Register now for the GDIF FESTIVAL HUB back to listing
This summer, GDIF, in association with the Independent Street Arts Network, invites artists, festival directors, programmers, funders and all those with a professional interest in Outdoor Arts to join us in Greenwich at the new GDIF FESTIVAL HUB.
The programme will be packed full of useful opportunities to develop skills, reflect on the work of the sector and take advantage of excellent networking opportunities in an informal and friendly atmosphere.
By signing up to the FESTIVAL HUB, you’ll have access to the following activities and delegate-only events over the opening four days of the festival programme:
- Tea & Toast – informal morning reflections on the previous day’s festival activities and HUB events, discussions on sector issues and (leisurely!) breakfast networking.
- Nuts & Bolts – practical sessions for artists, producers and companies on everything from touring know-how, social media tactics, health and safety and commissioning experiences to how to get the best out of R&D.
- Preview Platforms – following on from last year’s hugely popular experiment, the GDIF ‘Preview Platforms’ return, with a daily work-in-progress sharing offering a chance to see and discuss productions currently in development.
- The HUB Bar – thanks to our hosts Greenwich Park College, the HUB will be a place where you can hang out in between GDIF shows, meet fellow delegates, and let your hair down at the end of each evening.
- The Outdoor Arts Archive Vault: Female Voices – a selection of women from the Outdoor Arts sector will be interviewed in front of a small audience. These conversations will be recorded and, in this centenary year of the Representation of the People Act, form a small audio archive of the role, creativity, achievements and ambitions of some of the women working in our field in 2018.
- The Newbie Tour – if it’s your first time at GDIF, we’ll take you on a quick orientation tour, point out some local highlights and talk about how best to navigate the festival.
- Funding Surgeries – HUB delegates will be able to sign up for one-to-one finance surgeries with various funding representatives to address your questions, offer guidance and discuss opportunities.
- ISAN On the Road – Sunday morning will be the first time the informal networking programme hits the capital, with an event focusing on audiences, audience development and making the case for Outdoor Arts.
- Transport Pick-up / Drop-off Point – we’ll be arranging bespoke transport to make it easier for HUB delegates to get to some of the most exciting GDIF events which this year are in some further-flung destinations beyond Greenwich Town Centre. Buses / escorted group visits will pick up and return delegates to the HUB before and after shows, including to the spectacular UK premiere of Fly By Night in Thamesmead on 21 Jun.
Places may be limited to first-come-first-served depending on demand. Detailed timings and additional activity will be announced nearer the time; an indicative daily schedule is as follows:
Thu 21 Jun
- 11am onwards: Registration
- 12noon: Welcome Lunch
- 2pm-4pm: HUB events including Preview Platforms, Nuts & Bolts, The Outdoor Arts Archive Vault
- 2pm-3pm Newbie Tour 1
- 4pm-8:30pm: HUB events off-site in Thamesmead.
- 9pm: Fly By Night, Thamesmead
Fri 22 Jun
- 11am-2pm: HUB events
- 2pm-3pm: Newbie Tour 2
- 2pm onwards: GDIF programme
- 8:15pm: Opening Festival Reception
Sat 23 Jun
- 11am-1pm: HUB events
- 1pm onwards: GDIF programme
Sun 24 Jun
- 11am-1pm: ISAN On The Road + HUB events
- 1pm onwards: GDIF programme
- 7:30pm: Final HUB celebration
With thanks to London South East Colleges for letting us take over their Greenwich town centre campus for a few days!