Outdoor Arts Advice Shop back to listing
Next week we’re running the first of our Outdoor Arts Advice shops. There are six available places and four are taken by the companies in this year’s Circulate programme (Akademi, Levantes Dance Theatre, Mem Morrison and Ockham’s Razor).
So we are able to offer two ISAN Members the chance to join the session for FREE. To get the most from the programme, you should be working on a new show for touring this summer and you’ll need one or two company representatives available for the event in London next Friday. You must be a paid-up ISAN Member to apply.
If you’d like to be considered for a place, just let us know by noon this Friday 12 May.
About the Advice Shop…
It’s almost summertime, so if you have a show about to open, the ISAN Advice Shop is a quick and easy way to talk through any ideas and final issues that you’d like to iron out before you hit the road. It’s a chance to do a final check on a variety of issues so that you’re in top form when it comes to performing.
It’s an opportunity to discuss practical and creative questions, such as…
- are you telling the story you wanted to tell?
- is you risk assessment fit for purpose?
- when and what should you tweet?
- does the show have a future life?
- what if you don’t have the right power for the PA?
- how can you run your company while stuck in a van?
The Advice Shop team will do their best to steer you towards finding solutions and helping you discover your own best practice for the summer ahead.
After some intros, it will take a speed-dating style format where you have ten minutes with a variety of mentors to talk through aspects of your new show. After that whirlwind, there will be a final wrap-up for further discussion and clarification, for those sessions where ten minutes was just not enough!
The Speedy Mentors x 6
- Jeni Barnard: Narrative and creative; Jeni is the Artistic Director of Acrojou, her recent work includes Vessel, All at Sea and Frantic. The Wheel House has been touring across the world since 2008. Acrojou @Acrojou
- Emma Jane Clark: Social media and marketing; Emma is Founder and Manager of Gertrude and Ivy, a social media agency which aims to guide, drive and improve the social media activities as well as crafting social media plans and delivering practical training. Gertrude and Ivy @GertrudeAndIvy
- Brian Cleary: Health & Safety; Brian is the Managing Director of Sygma Safety and has worked on events of all sizes from circus and community shows to corporate exhibitions and outdoor performance, parades, festivals & finales. Sygma Safety Ltd @SygmaSafety
- Fiona Greenhill: Production; Fiona is Head of Technical and Production at Roundhouse and was formerly Head of Operations at the Albany in Deptford. She is on the Board of Upswing. The Roundhouse @figreenhill
- Angus MacKechnie: Future development; Angus is the Executive Director of ISAN and was the producer and programmer for the National Theatre’s Outdoor Arts festival for ten years. ISAN @AngusMackers
- Natalie Scott: Company management and finance; Nat is ISAN’s General Manager and Co-Artistic Director of The Lab Collective which specialises in creating performance for theatres, festivals, and private events, as well as training performers and theatre makers. The Lab Collective @labcollective
Fri 19 May 13:00-15:30: ISAN HQ, 54 Chalton Street, Euston, NW1 1HS
- 13:00 arrival and coffees
- 13:15 intros and briefing
- 14: 00 6 x 10-minute sessions
- 15:00 final session
- 15:30 ends