ISAN Autumn General Meeting 2014 back to listing
Join us at our Autumn General Meeting and Annual General Meeting 2014 for a packed Agenda including case studies, discussions, experience and information sharing and more! There will be plenty of opportunities throughout the day to network with colleagues in the sector and beyond. Find out about the latest developments in outdoor arts including interesting approaches to making work and learn about new opportunities and how to tap into them.
At the Autumn General Meeting we’re opening up the floor for ideas and discussion through our new platform:
Making It Happen – discussion space to reflect on panel presentations by those working in different ways in outdoor arts, practice and your experience in the sector. Key issues, themes, recent new commissions and new ideas outdoors:
Funding opportunities – Arts Council England and Canal & River Trust:
- What are the key issues facing outdoor arts?
- Where are the new opportunities for arts funding in a public landscape that is in a state of flux?
- What new skills are required to tap into these opportunities?
Case Study – Rosemary Lee: Under The Vaulted Sky at IF Milton Keynes festival 2014 – recent large scale outdoor arts commission produced by The Stables and Rosemary Lee Projects with Artsadmin:
- What does it take to make work of scale and ambition focused around the artists’ vision?
- An example of new work where the creative case for diversity is integral to the vision.
Digital Outdoors – thoughts and case studies of recent work by artists supported by Arts Catalyst:
- What is the creative potential of the ‘digital outdoors’?
- What do we mean by ‘audience’?
- How can audiences be mobilised to participate through, for example, investigating their locality both digitally and non-digitally? How does this compare with direct audience interaction?
In addition, learn the latest on ISAN future planning for our next three years in this, our transitional year.
Please find a detailed copy of the Agenda below:
Join us: members and non-members alike, to learn and share your own news. There are plenty of opportunities for informal networking with extended breaks throughout the day. Free to members and a day fee for non-members! Lunch and light refreshments will be provided.
Please arrive for registration and light refreshments at 11.30am, for a 12noon start. The meeting will finish at 4.45pm when we will convene at a nearby bar for early evening drinks.
Please confirm your attendance by Tuesday 11 November. Priority booking will be given to those on a first come first serve basis. Please click here to reserve your place– Early booking essential!
On behalf of the ISAN board and executive team, we look forward to meeting with you on the day!