Deputy Director / Finance Manager
Deadline: 16 Apr, 12 noon
The Independent Street Arts Network (ISAN) is a national membership and strategic organisation that aims to bring together the many diverse parts of the Outdoor Arts sector.
We advocate on behalf of the sector, provide up-to-date information, professional development events and celebrate the work and achievements of the individuals, companies and organisations working in this most accessible of art forms.
Our members are at the heart of ISAN, and we always aim to be a responsive, open and welcoming organisation. Rates are kept low to allow membership to be as accessible as possible, and we have members from all parts of the Outdoor Arts community – artists and programmers, companies and festivals, technicians and academics.
Over the past two years, ISAN has more than tripled its membership and taken a central point in the wider Outdoor Arts ecology. As we move into the next phase of our development, following a successful Arts Council England NPO bid for increased funding of 93%, we are looking to recruit the new role of Deputy Director / Finance Manager to work alongside the Executive Director and with the Membership and Company Manager. The role will lead on the financial management of the organisation and share some responsibilities in the overall programme including marketing, events, branding, membership and governance.
The role will also work with the membership-elected Board (with some co-opted Board Members to allow for a balance of skills), which comprises a diverse group of Outdoor Arts professionals.
We deliver our mission to support Outdoor Arts and advocate its benefits and practice through the following objectives:
- To be a central advocate, information point and voice for Outdoor Arts sector in the UK and abroad
- To maintain, support, grow and develop the membership and wider sector, and to play an active role in diversification of the art form and the leadership within it
- To shape local and national level policy for the Outdoor Arts sector
- To develop best practice, research & professional development of the Outdoor Arts sector
- To strengthen as a sustainable and resilient organisation
As part of this next stage, in our new status as a ‘Sector Support Organisation’, we will be rebranding as ‘Outdoor Arts UK’ in order to diversify our appeal and our membership; we will be refreshing all our collateral and significantly increasing our member and sector engagement and research programme. We will be reaching out to underrepresented areas of the wider sector – in particular Mela, Carnival, LGBTQ and Disability Arts – in order to encourage more Outdoor Arts engagement and work within those key areas.
This is an exciting new phase in ISAN’s development, and the Deputy Director / Finance Manager will be instrumental in ensuring the sustainability of the organisation, consolidating our finances, forging partnerships, driving initiatives and seeking new opportunities, while helping to drive ambitions to achieve status and recognition for Outdoor Arts across the UK and abroad.
Apply by CV with a succinct supporting letter, no more than two pages, including…
- What appeals to you about the role
- Why you think you’d be good for the post
- Which parts of the person specification you best fulfil
- A little about your relationship with Outdoor Arts
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Deputy Director / Finance Manager Application’ in the subject line.
If you’d like to talk to the Executive Director about the post, please call Angus MacKechnie on 020 7388 9767.
In the covering email:
- Confirm that you have the legal right to work in the UK
- Confirm your availability on the interview dates
- State where you saw the job advertised
- Indicate if you have any access needs for the interview
- Give the name, job title and contacts of two referees (not to be contacted before interview).
Application Deadline: 16 Apr 2018, 12noon
Download: ISAN Equal Opps Monitoring Form